I have spent the past week in this gorgeous little colonial town tucked in the mountains of Central Mexico—an artist’s haven. One of my favorite things about San Miguel is that it’s the perfect place to simply wander—through the lanes, markets, churches, courtyards, galleries and cafes. I would like to share San Miguel de Allende with you through this photo essay.
January 10, 2013 | 7 Comments
- Finding Home: Our Soul Cultures December 11, 2012
- 60 Minutes Up, 60 Seconds Down: Adventures in Volcano Boarding January 9, 2012
- Gear Review: Eagle Creek’s Flip Switch Wheeled Backpack January 28, 2013
- Wildlife in Peril in Thailand February 15, 2012
- Travel is not Utopia August 29, 2013
- Gastronomic Tour of Mexico City August 17, 2015
- Smiling in the Face of Cancer August 3, 2015
- Volunteering and Going on Safari in Tanzania June 30, 2015
- A Day on the Mississippi Gulf Coast June 18, 2015
- Traveling the Blue Ridge Parkway of Virginia June 10, 2015
The Person Behind the Blog
I'm Shelley, a journeyer and learner of the world, freelance journalist and author, yoga chick and dog lover. I pound the keyboard from home barefoot every day, and while my boss is demanding she also occasionally lets me have the early afternoon cocktail. I think not going into an office or collecting corporate paychecks are very good ideas, though not always profitable. I have written for National Geographic, USA Today, The Guardian, Texas Monthly and CNN, among others. Neither the New York Times nor Johnny Depp have answered my letters yet.
I love animals, yoga, indie movies, cooking, wine, books and chocolate, though not necessarily in that order. I believe in karma. Mean people suck. If I could have any dream job I would like to be a superhero. I have performed a catch on the flying trapeze, boarded down a live volcano, snorkeled with seals and was once robbed by a monkey in Nepal. But, I don't know how to whistle.
My mantra is "travel with a purpose."