I have spent the past week in this gorgeous little colonial town tucked in the mountains of Central Mexico—an artist’s haven. One of my favorite things about San Miguel is that it’s the perfect place to simply wander—through the lanes, markets, churches, courtyards, galleries and cafes. I would like to share San Miguel de Allende with you through this photo essay.
January 10, 2013 | 7 Comments
- Finding Home: Our Soul Cultures December 11, 2012
- 60 Minutes Up, 60 Seconds Down: Adventures in Volcano Boarding January 9, 2012
- Gear Review: Eagle Creek’s Flip Switch Wheeled Backpack January 28, 2013
- Wildlife in Peril in Thailand February 15, 2012
- Travel is not Utopia August 29, 2013
- 50 by 50 Kick-Off: The Carolinas and Georgia March 13, 2015
- Top 5 Eco-Friendly Ways to Explore Gulf Shores and Orange Beach, Alabama February 25, 2015
- Biking the Hiawatha Trail in Idaho February 17, 2015
- One Tough Hombre — Horseback riding & Campfire Mate with a Patagonian Gaucho February 10, 2015
- 50 by 50 February 2, 2015
The Person Behind the Blog
I'm Shelley, a journeyer and learner of the world, freelance journalist and author, yoga chick and dog lover. I pound the keyboard from home barefoot every day, and while my boss is demanding she also occasionally lets me have the early afternoon cocktail. I think not going into an office or collecting corporate paychecks are very good ideas, though not always profitable. I have written for National Geographic, USA Today, The Guardian, Texas Monthly and CNN, among others. Neither the New York Times nor Johnny Depp have answered my letters yet.
I love animals, yoga, indie movies, cooking, wine, books and chocolate, though not necessarily in that order. I believe in karma. Mean people suck. If I could have any dream job I would like to be a superhero. I have performed a catch on the flying trapeze, boarded down a live volcano, snorkeled with seals and was once robbed by a monkey in Nepal. But, I don't know how to whistle.
My mantra is "travel with a purpose."