I was surprised/touched/honored to be nominated for three blogger awards around the New Year:
The Inspiring Blog Award, by Amira at Have Life, Will Travel
Amira wrote about her nomination of Trading Places: “I enjoy this blog because Shelly attempts to add meaning and purpose to her travels through volunteering and rasing awareness about issues affecting the areas she travels to.”
The Very Inspiring Blogger Award, by Angela at Untitled Adventure
“I admire the paths they have chosen in their lives and their willingness to share them, their various talents, and their ability to help me see the world from a different perspective.”
The Beautiful Blogger Award, by Immy at My Health, My Choice, Naturally
Both of these ladies have wonderful blogs themselves. Thank you so much!!
Here are the parameters for the award nominations, meant to recognize bloggers we love for their hard work and inspiration:
1. Copy the Blogger Award logo and place it in your post.
2. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
3. Tell 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate other bloggers for their own Blogger Award, and comment on their blogs to let them know.
So here we go. Seven things about myself:
- If I could have any other job, I would love to be an astronaut.
- My greatest moment of “church awe” came when standing before Ernest Hemingway’s typewriter.
- I have six tattoos.
- I have jumped from a perfectly good airplane, gone zip lining in Thailand, boarded down a volcano, and performed a catch on the flying trapeze.
- The way life is so vast and so small, all at the same time, scares me.
- I don’t know how to whistle.
- I was once robbed by a monkey in Nepal.
The beautiful bloggers whom I would like to nominate are:
- Breathe Dream Go by Mariellen Ward
- The Well: Body Mind Heart Spirit by MaryAnn Reynolds
- Living Holistically with Humor by Christine Garvin
- Single Dad Laughing by Dan Pearce
- The Mother of all Trips by Mara Gorman
- Tango Diva by Teresa Rodriguez Williamson and Patti Mangan
- Hole in the Donut by Barbara Weibel
The inspiring bloggers whom I would like to nominate are:
- Mothers Fighting for Others by Rocky Turner
- Passport Party Project by Tracey Friley
- Truth Be Told by numerous women; especially Cara, Carol and Nathalie
- Travel Sherpa Keith by Keith Hajovsky
- The Bloggess, by Jenny Lawson (I know some might not call her blog inspirational, but her embrace of the crazy in life inspires me)
- Green Global Travel by Bret Love and Mary Gabbett
- Fluent in Three Months by Benny Lewis